PERSONAL ID DOCUMENT
Application for ID may be filed at an administrative unit in Slovenia or at a diplomatic-consular representation of the Republic of Slovenia abroad. Citizens must apply in person, since in the process his or her identification and compliance of the attached photograph with the actual appearance is noted, and his or her signature is required.
Citizens with permanent or temporary residence outside Slovenia can lodge the application for the issue of a new ID at the diplomatic-consular representations abroad.
- For the citizen younger than 3 years, the ID is issued with the validity of 3 years. For the citizen of age from 3 to 18 years, the validity of ID is 5 years. Citizens, who reached age of majority, can obtain an ID with the validity of 10 years.
By electronic mail consular.london(at)gov.si please request an appointment and we will offer you the first available date as soon as possible. Please indicate your full name, date and place of birth, and your place of residence. We will verify the data and determine whether you can apply for the document or if you must update your vital statistics data first.
To be submitted:
Slovenian ID or passport; if you do not have one then a color ID and proof of Slovenian Citizenship. Your old ID will be annulled at the time of the application. The waiting time for a new ID is approximately 2 weeks.
Adequate consular fee has to be paid in cash in GBP:
- Validity up to 10 years – for all persons of age of majority: 76 EUR
- Validity up to 5 years – for persons of age from 3 to 18 years: 60 EUR
- Validity up to 3 years – for persons under the age of 3 years: 44 EUR
- Validity up to 1 year – for persons whose ID was lost more than one time: 37 EUR
Photographs (please consult the attached instructions accurately and warn the photographer about the requirements!)
- Size of the photograph: 3,5 x 4,5 cm
- Facial image shall not comprise more than 70% of the photograph (on all of the four sides has to be 3 to 5 mm of empty space from head to the edge)
- The photograph can be black and white or color, the background light brown or light blue, in any case not white or dark blue
- The person must not show his or her teeth
- Head has to be leveled, nose in the middle of the photograph
- Sharpness and contrast are important
- Face has to be evenly brightened and without shadows
- A persons, who wear glasses, must ensure that the frames do not cover eyes and that there is no visible reflection on the glasses
- On the photos of children shall not be seen hands of parents or toys (the best way to photograph them is in lying position)
- Best photograph for fair-haired or white-haired persons is black and white
More information is available at the Ministry of the Interior website.